nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Japanese beetle invasions

  • From: Jwlehman@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Japanese beetle invasions
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 11:22:14 EDT

In a message dated 7/3/2008 11:13:35 AM Eastern Daylight Time, hangermayer@isp.com writes:

We don't have Japanese beetles in this area yet (they're getting close) but I've noticed there's hardly any June beetles this year. I think in our case it was too much rain that killed them, as  I've seen some drowned grubs on the ground.

Here in central Indiana the J. Beetle population has been down for several years. Apparently some natural causes has taken over to reduce the numbers. Maybe 5 years back the numbers were huge.
It has been my past years observation they stay in the ground until we get a heavy rain, then up they come.
We have been wet all spring and they are here already.

Jerry