nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Japanese beetle invasions

  • From: "Mark & Helen Angermayer" <hangermayer@isp.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Japanese beetle invasions
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 10:14:13 -0500

Jim wrote:
"Local Ag folks speculate that our severe drought and incredible heat last summer somehow hurt their grubs."

We don't have Japanese beetles in this area yet (they're getting close) but I've noticed there's hardly any June beetles this year.  Normally they beat the windows at night, and you have to empty them out of the dog's water.  I think in our case it was too much rain that killed them, as  I've seen some drowned grubs on the ground.

Mark
KS - received another 2" of rain last night