nafex - [NAFEX] goddam environmental researchers

  • From: "Alan Haigh" <alandhaigh@gmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] goddam environmental researchers
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 18:53:30 -0400

I reckon researchers in general are like all people in general.  We tend to exaggerate the importance of our own work- only researchers are under even more pressure to sell their "discoveries" as something dramatic and in the glysphosphate nonsense the researcher heralded his results as "shocking".  That description is so over the top I had to laugh.  This is a man undoubtedly hot on the trail of funding for his next brilliant experiment.  How 'bout a quart of motor oil in the fish tank.  My god, the devastation to those poor little tadpoles would be horrifying!