nafex - [NAFEX] floods

  • From: "Toni Pralle" <toni.pralle@gmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] floods
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 17:16:39 -0500

Iowa 2008

Chapter 3

Sigh.........Looks like I'll be on vacation for a while. The picture of PSI is where I work. I can't even imagine what it looks like on the west side. It's lower there but the water evidently came from the pictured side. This started Sunday. I assume these pictures were taken today.

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=19759199&BRD=1907&PAG=461&dept_id=133418&rfi=6

My personal flood is nothing compared to this. I have stinking water. Had to strip the horse barn and chicken building but they weren't bedded very deep for summer. My dog buildings were plenty wet but dried out quick once it stopped raining. I have "clear" water coming up the floor drain and sumping out. It just recycles all day and all night. Our next storm is coming in from Wyoming. Anyone here from there? What are we in for?

--
Toni in zone 4 Iowa USA
http://www.stopanimalid.org/