nafex - [NAFEX] controlling leaf hoppers and ants

  • From: "Alan Haigh" <alandhaigh@gmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] controlling leaf hoppers and ants
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2008 13:49:37 -0400

I forgot to say that I don't worry about aphids and leafhoppers on established trees but in my nursery and especially on recent grafts I like to use a small spray bottle filled with Sevin and Malathion with which I spray only the growing tips.  I believe that a lot of my graft failures are the result of leaf-hoppers who are drawn to the tender shoots after everything else in the tree has hardened off.

  • [NAFEX] controlling leaf hoppers and ants, Alan Haigh, 06/08/2008