nafex - [NAFEX] ant colonization of containers

  • From: John S <swim_at_svc@yahoo.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] ant colonization of containers
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2008 19:56:00 -0700 (PDT)

Personal circumstance requires me to grown a number of fruits in containers.  Ants have a tendency to take up residence in the container.  I would not care much if it were not for the aphid farming that takes place, but that can eventually hurt the plant and the fruit.

I'll periodically transplant in hopes of finding the queen, but this is not always successful.  What's the best way to get ants out and keep them out?

Thanks