nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Tissue culture American persimmons.

  • From: Jwlehman@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Tissue culture American persimmons.
  • Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 09:29:33 EDT

In a message dated 3/10/2008 9:43:01 AM Eastern Daylight Time, jfruth@tds.net writes:

  Hartmann Plant Company is tissue culturing Diospyros virginiana recommended for zone 4.

Hi Jim,

I just called Hartmann Plant Co. and was told they are not tissue culturing D. virginiana, the American persimmon. I wish that were true. Then we could tissue culture selected varieties as persimmon rootstock.

Where did you get that information? Was it another nursery?

Jerry Lehman

  • Re: [NAFEX] Tissue culture American persimmons., Jwlehman, 05/15/2008