nafex - Re: [NAFEX] nafex Digest, Vol 64, Issue 30

  • From: "Deb S" <debs913@gmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] nafex Digest, Vol 64, Issue 30
  • Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 15:29:07 -0400

A dog that hunt raccoon is also a very good choice, as it will hunt at nigth while raccoons are up about and you are blissfully sleeping.

Dogs that hunt coons will bark/cry while on their trail.  Not very blissful sleeping for me or neighbors.  Besides, I'd never let a dog hunt on its own.  A dog left to it's own devices will get in trouble (on the road, in the livestock, or at a neighbors).

Electric fence (see the mesh fences from Premier Fence for example) keep raccoons out if they are kept charged and weed free.  Nice thing about the mesh is it can be taken down and stored easily when not needed to protect trees.

deb

  • Re: [NAFEX] nafex Digest, Vol 64, Issue 30, Deb S, 05/09/2008