nafex - [NAFEX] coon trapping

  • From: "Alan Haigh" <alandhaigh@gmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] coon trapping
  • Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 13:46:23 -0400

Yes, I've inadvertantly trapped cats with fish bait.  I have to use large traps to get the big toms and if you use meat or fish all bets are off what might wind up inside.  I use a few marshmellows placed in a pierced plastic sandwhich bag staked at the back of the trap.  Around here skunks can be attracted to marshmellows, apparrently when there is drought, so I have occassionally been forced to tie my traps into a tree because it is tiresome having to free my friendly skunks from the traps.  They are about the calmest mammals on earth, however, and when you open the trap for them they may just yawn and go on with their nap waiting till nightfall to leave.

  • [NAFEX] coon trapping, Alan Haigh, 05/09/2008