nafex - Re: [NAFEX] locations and hardiness zones

  • From: Road's End Farm <organic87@frontiernet.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] locations and hardiness zones
  • Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 09:47:01 -0400

On May 6, 2008, at 9:37 AM, Ginda Fisher wrote:
On May 6, 2008, at 8:17 AM, Lisa D. Ishimuro wrote:

Hello,
I am a new member and I was wondering if everyone could post what zone
they grow in?  It would help clear up a lot of questions and confusion
when reading posts and not knowing where the post is originating
from.  Other lists ask for this info too and it is very helpful.
Thanks, Lisa in zone 6.

A good way to do this is to put it in your signature line. That way,
there's a reminder with every post, and people don't have to remember
or look up where you are.

--Rivka
Finger Lakes NY; zone 5 mostly

If you use the same e-mail account to write to other people, it looks rather odd, though.

Don't most programs give you a choice of signatures? I can set up as many as I want, and just click on the right one for the specific email. (Mac OSX Mail)

I always notice the sig from the person who works as a tax accountant or something when she posts here.

I always assumed those posts were sent from work and that they were required on everything sent from that office's company computers.