nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Spring is gone

  • From: Steve <sdw12986@aol.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Spring is gone
  • Date: Fri, 02 May 2008 22:44:17 -0400

Steve wrote:
481942C4.4090200@aol.com" type="cite">
Ernest Plutko wrote:

Winter has come back to Northern Minnesota.  Cold, rain and snow. ...................................

481942C4.4090200@aol.com" type="cite">
It slid over here now. Barely 40 degrees and snow flurries for the last
2 days. The national weather service site predicts 16 degrees by
morning. What a mess that will be if it happens. 81 degrees last week
and now this.
I'm hoping the NWS is way off this time. I live next to a lake and that
should spare me a few degrees. Still, it's going to be a very chilly
start to May

By the way, we got lucky that night. The NWS was way off. It was about 30 when I got up. I checked the computer to see what the official temps were at the Adirondack Airport that night. It got down to about 26 at midnight then it slowly got warmer from there. A whole 10 degrees warmer than they predicted! At my house (near the lake) it only got down to 28. SO much better than 16!
No flowers open yet. Apples still at the fuzzy tight cluster stage. Apricots have white buds ready to pop. Plums in between.

Steve