nafex - [NAFEX] Illinois Everbearing Mulberry

  • From: "Alan Haigh" <alandhaigh@gmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Illinois Everbearing Mulberry
  • Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 06:27:59 -0400

Illinois Everbearing should not be a small mulberry if the tree is healthy.  The fruit are often 2" long and though thin, they are as substantial as any bramble fruit I grow.  They sometimes go into decline for reasons I've never been able to identify and the leaves become small along with the berries.  It seems to be some kind of cambium fungal infection.  The trunk becomes highly cankered and sometimes some branches are healthy while others are not.  Ideas?

  • [NAFEX] Illinois Everbearing Mulberry, Alan Haigh, 04/09/2008