nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Virus Warning

  • From: Steve <sdw12986@aol.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Virus Warning
  • Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2008 00:35:55 -0400

dmnorton@royaloakfarmorchard.com wrote:
This information arrived to me this morning, direct from both Microsoft and
Norton.  The Warezov.W virus has a new strain that is so new the virus scan software has not been able to pick it up yet to protect your PC.
You may receive an apparently harmless e-mail titled "Mail Server Report"

Did you actually, yourself, receive the information from Microsoft and Norton, or is that what an e-mail, received by you, said and you are forwarding it on to us? I only ask because these things circulate for years sometimes. People see them for the first time and believe they are new but actually they are a couple of years old and the anti-virus programs learned how to deal with them a long time ago.

Steve