nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Looking for pear rootstock

  • From: "ROBERT W JUDY A HARTMAN" <hartmansfruit@msn.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Looking for pear rootstock
  • Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 12:57:51 -0700

Usually 5 years to bearing for European pears on OHXF333 but it depends on the variety.  I have some this year that will be in heavy bloom at 3 years of age.  Asian pears in general fruit at a much younger age than Europeans.  http://www.cumminsnursery.com/pearroot.htm had them but they are sold out for 2008.

Bob