nafex - Re: [NAFEX] apricot rootstocks --michele stanton's q

  • From: "Patsy King" <pking888@gmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] apricot rootstocks --michele stanton's q
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 14:26:09 -0700

Hi, It looks to me like Krymsk 1 is the one that is tolerant of heavy soils, (but not Krymsk 2).  And it dwarfs to about 40 or 50%.  Also, what I read said that Krymsk 1 was compatible with most apricots but I don't know specifics.  Do some googling on that maybe.  I found a source that sells 3 cots on Krymsk 1 but have not tried the nursery:

http://store.sandybarnursery.com/store/c/9-Apricots.html

P King  in Pacific Northwest zone 7 or 8

Message: 2