nafex - [NAFEX] Dwarfing Rootstock for Plums

  • From: "ROBERT W JUDY A HARTMAN" <hartmansfruit@msn.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Dwarfing Rootstock for Plums
  • Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 18:23:39 -0700

What are some positive experiences that you have had in growing plums on dwarfing rootstock?  Varieties such as Beauty, Elephant Heart, Methley and others get huge on St. Julian A and when grown on Pixie it doesn't keep the size down very much.  I am trying the Krymsk 1 & 2 but am still wondering if there is something else that someone has been successful with.  I've tried Citation but wasn't too happy with it.  What are some other suggestions?

Thanks,
Bob Hartman
Western Washington

  • [NAFEX] Dwarfing Rootstock for Plums, ROBERT W JUDY A HARTMAN, 03/26/2008