nafex - [NAFEX] Fruitipedia

  • From: "Dr. Chiranjit Parmar" <parmarch_mnd@dataone.in>
  • To: NAFEX <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Fruitipedia
  • Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 13:50:52 +0530

Dear Nafexers,

I am compiling an encyclopedia of ALL EDIBLE FRUITS and have named it "FRUITPEDIA".  I intend to put it on the website www.fruitipedia.com in a few weeks.

My aim is to provide basic and introductory information (2-3 pages) alongwith 3-4 pictures about all the edible fruits irrespective of their commercial importance.  Most enclypedic and other books available today carry information about commercially important fruits like mango, apple, oranges etc.  There is very little information available on minor, lesser known and wild growing fruits.  So I hope that this effort will be useful for fruit lovers as well as researchers all over the world.

Wild growing, unexploited and lesser known fruits have been my field of for the past four decades.

CRFG has listed nearly 1000 fruits at their website.  There are many more and the final number might reach 2000.  So it is a gigantic task for me to complete single handed.  Till today, I have chapters on 135 fruits.  Out of these 7 have come from Dr. Ken Love of the University of Hawaii.

I therefore request all to help me in this work by writing chapters on minor and rarefruits.

I am not in a position to pay anything for this work.  However, the name of the contributor shall be mentioned.

Please do make your contribution for this project and write me back.

Dr. Chiranjit Parmar
186/3 Jail Road
Mandi  HP  186/3 Jail Road
Mandi  HP  175001, India.

  • [NAFEX] Fruitipedia, Dr. Chiranjit Parmar, 03/18/2008