nafex - [NAFEX] scion request

  • From: steve keipert <sjkeipert@peoplepc.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] scion request
  • Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 12:48:20 -0600 (GMT-06:00)

I purchased a "Silken" apple tree last Spring from Raintree that
unfortunately did not make it through the Summer. Rather than pay the high
price of shipping to get a free replacement, I was wondering if anyone on the
list had a stick of scion wood they would be willing to part with, since I am
going to be doing some grafting anyway. I would be willing to pay postage or
exchange scions from any of the many varieties that I have growing here in
Wisconsin. Please contact me off list.

I wanted to plant this variety in particular to evaluate its cold hardiness.
Even though it comes out of Summerland BC, its parents are Honeygold and
Sunrise, both of which are quite cold hardy varieties. Does anyone have any
experience with Silken in zone 4? - Steve

PeoplePC Online
A better way to Internet
http://www.peoplepc.com