nafex - [NAFEX] Reliance peach

  • From: "Ernest Plutko" <ernestplutko@wiktel.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Reliance peach
  • Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2008 13:36:59 -0600

Jerry: I'm really impressed that you were able to fruit a peach tree
in Warroad. How big was the pit you had the peach tree in? How long
did you have it before it fruited? I've been thinking about your
accomplishment and I will try it myself. Are there more hardy
peaches? I bought a Reliance peach years ago but it died the first
winter. I was going to keep working but last October I was fishing
in the Rainy River, hit a log and my boat sank. I swam to shore,
stood up and had a heart attack. Fell back into the river and
floated down stream in the dark for three hours in a daze. Finally
came around and swam to shore again. Decided it was time to retire.