nafex - Re: [NAFEX] nafex Digest, Vol 61, Issue 68

  • From: "MARIE ASHTON" <bwoodtx@verizon.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] nafex Digest, Vol 61, Issue 68
  • Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 19:29:13 -0600

Being from "pecan country", we do a lot of different grafts on pecan trees depending on the time of year and the size of the stock. You might want to wait a little while until the bark starts slipping (about the time the leaves start appearing) and use a "Banana graft". It's good for trees up to one inch and you have a lot of contact between scion and stock. See: http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/extension/propagation/fourflap/fourflap.htm

Regards,
Richard Ashton
Oak Creek Orchard
www.oakcreekorchard.com