nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Grape Cuttings from Geneva PGRU

  • From: Jwlehman@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Grape Cuttings from Geneva PGRU
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 13:17:40 EST

In a message dated 1/21/2008 8:29:03 AM Central Standard Time, dtv@mwt.net writes:

I just received a good number of Swenson grape cuttings &I'm
wondering if I need to keep these in a refrigerator or can they go on
my porch (which is currently below 0 F)?

Lon Rombough needs answer this question as he is the expert. However, below zero can damage buds and I would place in the refrig. Also if it gets too warm the buds can break dormancy reducing the graft success rate.

Jerry

Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape.