nafex - [NAFEX] Inulin/Diabetic Friendly Produce (OT?)

  • From: "Gregory Strella" <gregory.strella@gmail.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Inulin/Diabetic Friendly Produce (OT?)
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 22:36:25 -0500

John's query on yacon reminded me of a question I've thought about posing to the list for some time.  I work with a community garden in a densely urban section of Baltimore, MD (zone 7a, but with additional inner city heat retention).  A number of our most beloved gardeners are diabetic and we grow Jerusalem artichokes partially because of they don't upset their blood-sugar levels.  We've ordered yacon for next season with this in mind.  I'm curious if anyone has tips for other particularly diabetic friendly fare - especially those that are as delicious and easy to cultivate as the two I've mentioned.

As always, thanks to everyone for the great conversation.

Greg Strella