nafex - [NAFEX] tangletrap as graft seal

  • From: "Alan Haigh" <alandhaigh@gmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] tangletrap as graft seal
  • Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2007 13:53:35 -0500

One time when I was to demonstrate bark grafts to students, the weather
was colder than desirable and none of us could get the grafting wax to
soften in our hands.  Rather than to delay the demonstration for a
(possibly) warmer day I used Tangletrap to seal the grafts before wrapping
with parafilm.  Much to my surprise all but one of several grafts took.

Doesn't surprise me a bit- that stuffs nasty.  My supplier sells it with a solvent so you can get it off.  It definately wouldn't let water vapor escape from the scion.

Gashell works in any weather, by the way.

  • [NAFEX] tangletrap as graft seal, Alan Haigh, 12/23/2007