nafex - [NAFEX] Mysterious fruit

  • From: "Jim Fruth" <jfruth@tds.net>
  • To: "NAFEX" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Mysterious fruit
  • Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2007 09:52:54 -0600

Ginda wrote: "This week they had an ornamental basket of a citrus fruit I've never seen, and I wonder if the
smart people here can identify it. It was about the size of a mandarine, or a little smaller, orange, and
roughly tear-drop shaped, or maybe a little pear shaped.
At any rate, it had a plump round and a narrower pointy end, and was considerably longer than it was round. Otherwise, the shape was regular and the skin seemed smooth. I didn't try to buy one (although in retrospect."

Ginda,
It soulds like a small "Honeybell," or someone else's version of a Honeybell. A Honeybell is an exceptionally juicy, exceptionally delicious type of orange that was, I believe, developed in Florida. Honeybells are ripe and available for shipment in Mid-January. My daughter, from West Palm Beach, sends me a case of them every year.

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm
Pequot Lakes, MN 56472
For jams, jellies & syrups:
www.bberryfarm.com
(877)265-6856 [Store]
(218)831-7018 [My Cell]

  • [NAFEX] Mysterious fruit, Jim Fruth, 12/16/2007