nafex - [NAFEX] more organicism

  • From: halegp@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] more organicism
  • Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 11:10:04 -0500

Alan Haigh wrote:

"Organicism, now there's a word, sounds like a cult religion.  Certainly we
wouldn't describe the belief in organic agriculture as being anything like
that.  You know, suggesting that  embracing modern chemistry in every other
aspect of our existence but rejecting the use of even a single man-made
chemical in our agriculture is somehow a little crazy.  I would certainly
never make such a suggestion.  I'd be offending most of my friends if I did."

I can but agree with this statement.  What I mainly resent is that some of the "true believers" in organic horticulture seem to be attempting to make an evil doer of everyone who does not follow their procedures to the nth degree.  I too, have many friends who are doing everything possible to remain organic with their gardens and fields; and I respect them for that.  When they try to blame me for the state of the earth due to my actions on my own property I no longer consider them as friendly as I had thought.  All I ask from anyone is that they permit me to live as I desire, and I will do the same for them, no matter how silly I may think some of their theories are.

 Gordon Hale
Grand Prairie, Texas

  • [NAFEX] more organicism, halegp, 12/14/2007