nafex - Re: [NAFEX] fuyu persimmons

  • From: Lee Reich <garden@leereich.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] fuyu persimmons
  • Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2007 10:58:41 -0500

Here in Zone 5, I grow delectable American persimmons. They are like dried apricots that have been soaked in water, dipped in honey, and then given a dash of spice. The two varieties that I recommend for hardiness, earliness, and great flavor are Szukis and Mohler. More on persimmons, Asian and American, in my book Uncommon Fruits fro Every Garden.

Lee Reich, PhD

Books by Lee Reich:
The Pruning Book
Weedless Gardening