nafex - Re: [NAFEX] infused brandy

  • From: "Donna &/or Kieran" <holycow@cookeville.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] infused brandy
  • Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2007 08:54:47 -0600

Get out your cookbooks and look up something called "Tutti-fruiti" or something like that.  Some of the older cookbooks had it.  It's not a winter project really, more of a summer project when lots of really perishable fruit is coming in quantity.  If I remember correctly, it's equal amounts of fruit and sugar with brandy added.  Not my kind of recipe, WAY too much sugar for me, but something to think about.  You might want to experiment with a little of whatever you have in your freezer I suppose.  Personally, I usually make wine out of summer surplus fruits that don't keep well, like blackberries.  It's easy and takes care of itself.    Donna