nafex - Re: [NAFEX] fruits that do well in the shade

  • From: Douglas Woodard <dwoodard@becon.org>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] fruits that do well in the shade
  • Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2007 15:41:23 -0500

Scott, how is the flavour in your various kinds of kiwis grown with limited sunlight?

Doug Woodard
St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada

Scott Smith wrote:
I have also been trying various fruits in the shade and have had hit- and-miss results.

[snip]

Kiwis (arguta, deliciosa, and chinensis) are doing very well in an area with 3-4 hours of sun per day. I am glad there is shade there to keep the vigor down. I am still getting big crops.

Scott