nafex - Re: [NAFEX] White Blackberry

  • From: Michael Dossett <phainopepla@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] White Blackberry
  • Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 11:15:22 -0700 (PDT)

Lon, I don't see 'Iceberg' listed in the NCGR catalog.
There are other white blackberries they have,
however, including one listed as "Whiteberry (White
Pearl?)" and another 'Snowbank' which may be one of
Burbank's selections. There is also a pink one listed
in the catalog. I think the repository was also
supposed to be getting 'Clark's Gold' a yellow-fruited
Rubus trivialis, however I don't see that one listed
so they may not have it yet or it may be in quarantine
still...

Michael

--- "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com> wrote:

> There is at least one selection, "Iceberg" in the
> National Clonal
> Germplasm Repository at Corvallis, Oregon. It's
> only a novelty as it
> isn't much for flavor (bland) and not terribly
> productive.
> -Lon Rombough
> Grapes, writing, consulting, my book, The Grape
> Grower, at
> http://www.bunchgrapes.com Winner of the Garden
> Writers Association
> "Best Talent in Writing" award for 2003.
> For even more grape lessons, go to
> http://www.grapeschool.com
> For all other things grape,
> http://www.vitisearch.com
>
> On Oct 12, 2007, at 10:44 AM, john raymond wrote:
>
> Does that white blackberry bred by Luther Burbank
> still exist?  I've
> never seen it for sale through a mail order nursery.
>
> - john
> z5
>

> ------------------------------
> www.simmonfruit.net

> allowed.
> reproduction on web
> sites.
> claim you have
> permission!
>
> **YOU MUST BE SUBSCRIBED TO POST!**
> are discarded.
> No exceptions.
> ----
> this page (also can be
> used to change other email options):

> VIRUSES!
> Please do not send binary files.
> Use plain text ONLY in emails!
>
> NAFEX web site: http://www.nafex.org/>
> nafex@lists.ibiblio.org

> allowed.
> reproduction on web sites.
> claim you have permission!
>
> **YOU MUST BE SUBSCRIBED TO POST!**
> are discarded.
> No exceptions.
> ----
> options):

> VIRUSES!
> Please do not send binary files.
> Use plain text ONLY in emails!
>
> NAFEX web site: http://www.nafex.org/

Michael Dossett
Corvallis, Oregon
www.Mdossettphoto.com
phainopepla@yahoo.com

Take the Internet to Go: Yahoo!Go puts the Internet in your pocket: mail,
news, photos & more.
http://mobile.yahoo.com/go?refer=1GNXIC