nafex - [NAFEX] bee forage

  • From: "fuwa fuwa usagi" <fuwafuwausagi@muchomail.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] bee forage
  • Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 16:26:52 -0700

It was queried:

Hello all
I am planing to get a bee swarm soon and am designing a plant list to
cover all times of year.
I am particularly interested in early flowering plants, if any of you
could give any sugestions.
thanks so much

My reply:

When we moved in there was hardly a bee to be had, now, they are all over the
place. I attribute this to the diversity of pollen I offer.

That being stated you can pretty much cover yourself thusly:

early Japanese plum (very early)
Gooseberries they really like pixwell (early)
...then just about everything naturally blooms...
A fall raspberry (sort of late spring)that was not cut to the ground in the
fall
all sorts of raspberry which can take you right up to fall..and then plain
ordinary green hostas...bees love them...these will carry you a long long
time...

I mention the above becasue I have a lot of pollinators, but these are the
ones the bees LOVE!!!

regards,

the fluffy bunny

The Free Email with so much more!