nafex - Re: [NAFEX] What's in your fertilizer?

  • From: Lucky Pittman <lucky.pittman@murraystate.edu>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] What's in your fertilizer?
  • Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2007 13:38:48 -0500

I would be suspicious that 6-month old 'aged' urine would have minimal N content, as the denitrifying bacteria would long ago have converted most, if not all, of the urea nitrogen in the solution to ammonia, which would have sublimated off. What you'd be left with would be a salt solution - not exactly a great fertilizer, in my book.
I'm not a soil chemist, but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express...

Lucky