nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Mulberry emergency surgery

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Mulberry emergency surgery
  • Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 10:51:29 -0700

I've used the carriage bolt method on trees with good success. If you use a stainless steel bolt and nut, and leave some extra length, you can unscrew the nut a few turns every year or so and prevent it from being engulfed.
-Lon Rombough
For even more grape lessons, go to http://www.grapeschool.com
For all other things grape, http://www.vitisearch.com