nafex - [NAFEX] Dragon Fruit

  • From: "Shirley Murphy" <samurphy@isp.com>
  • To: "nafex" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Dragon Fruit
  • Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 19:44:01 -0500

I am growing some dragon fruit plants from seed collected from a red fleshed fruit.  On a scale of 1 to 10,  I would rate the taste 11!  Of course there is no way to know if the seed grown plants will bear fruit like the one from which it came or if it will bear fruit at all.  It germinated within days and has been growing for about 6 months.  Since I live in zone 7 it must come inside for the winter.
In addition, I purchased a dragonfruit plant of unknown variety on eBay.
I have a few segments of either or both to share.  If anyone is interested please contact me offlist.

Shirley

Message: 3