nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Picking apples for storage

  • From: <dmnorton@royaloakfarmorchard.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Picking apples for storage
  • Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 09:30:22 -0500

Del,

Jon Clements has writeng a short articlke titled, "Painless and Efficient Apple Maturity Testing" found at http://web1.msue.msu.edu/berrien/hort/documents/starchindextest.pdf that uses the SI (Starch Index) method. He refers to "Predicting Harvest Date Windows for Apples" from Blanpied and Silsby at Cornell which is the Bible for harvesting apples. It is available at http://ecommons.library.cornell.edu/bitstream/1813/3299/2/Predicting+Harvest+Date+Window+for+Apples.pdf Hope this helps!

Dennis Norton
Royal Oak Farm Orchard
http://www.royaloakfarmorchard.com
http://www.revivalhymn.com