nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Critters getting the grapes

  • From: "h black" <hblack1925@fastmail.fm>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Critters getting the grapes
  • Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 08:57:54 -0500

Ginda, We tried bird netting to stop racoons but they still ate most of them. They we tried bird tanglefoot - wrapping about 18" of the trunk of the vine and the posts with plastic and then spreading the nasty stuff on. Worked like a charm. They don't like to get their paws sticky. (Just like me) Hector Black zone 6 middle tn
----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim Fruth" <jfruth@tds.net>