nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Unusual raspberries

  • From: "V. Michael Bove, Jr." <vmb@teakettlefarm.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Unusual raspberries
  • Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 18:31:54 -0400

We have some Gulden's-mustard-colored black raspberries that I mentioned to the list earlier this year. They were apparently a sport of Cumberland. Edible Landscaping at one point sold a golden black raspberry that I believe they called Black Gold.

In our case the berries are very productive but have an odd flavor that probably wouldn't appeal to everyone.

--Michael Bove
Teakettle Farm, Z6 (MA/RI border)