nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Figs - Oiling - It Works!

  • From: Del Stubbs <northernlights2n@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Figs - Oiling - It Works!
  • Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2007 06:14:04 -0700 (PDT)

A year ago I was given a potted fig, variety unknown. it is about 3' tall,
and now has 3
figs about small cherry size. Our first frost is due any day now so I presume
I should be
bringing it in? What size fig do you add a drop of oil to its tip? Any hints
about how to
care for such a fig in a short-season cold climate such as watering over
winter, temp and
light concerns......?
Del, Z3a