nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Alabama A&M orchard open house

  • From: "Donna &/or Kieran" <holycow@cookeville.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Alabama A&M orchard open house
  • Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 22:06:27 -0500

When we had a NAFEX meeting in Huntsville, someone from this place did a talk and tour.  I remember the jujubes and the shiitakes.  They had some shiitake logs contaminated with turkeytails and I mentioned that they had even stronger anti cancer activity than the shiitakes and got our tour guide to chew some with me.  They taste like mushroom chewing gum.  I'd love to go if I had some good excuse.  Any of you who live pretty close should go, it will be worth it.     Donna