nafex - [NAFEX] Doyle Blackberry report

  • From: "Pete Tallman" <pete_tallman@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Doyle Blackberry report
  • Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 08:11:44 -0600

Jim Fruth asked whether Doyle blackberry would produce after a normal winter.

If you read the fine print about Doyle, you'll find they are claimed to be hardy in zone 5 and below only if vines are covered for the winter. To me, that's not hardy, just excessive work. I never got a crop without covering. (Maybe one could get away with it if there is sufficient snow cover all winter.) And yes, they do sucker for me. I'm not quite rid of all of the plants and their suckers, but I'm still working on it. On the good side, they are, indeed, thornless.

Pete Tallman
Longmont, CO zone 5

Now you can see troubleĀ…before he arrives http://newlivehotmail.com/?ocid=TXT_TAGHM_migration_HM_viral_protection_0507