nafex - [NAFEX] Che(Cudrania tricuspidata )

  • From: bill dality <namtoo@yahoo.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Che(Cudrania tricuspidata )
  • Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 09:07:58 -0700 (PDT)

Is Cudrania tricuspidata  graft compatible on Morus alba ...or vice versa?
Does anyone have a selection of this fruit (Chinese melon berry) wch is exceptional in fruit size or fruit quality.
I gather from Jerry's comment that the pollinated fruit is significantly larger than the unpollinated (seedless) fruit.

From Jerry Lehman:

Growing here zone 5b central West Indiana is one Chinese melon berry, Che also spelled Chi. It fruits almost every year and as I don't have a male it is small and seedless. Fruits are bright red when ripe, and taste like mulberry and melon. Haven't seen a problem with winter damage here.

Jerry