nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Cinnamon

  • From: Hélène Dessureault <interverbis@videotron.ca>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Cinnamon
  • Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 09:25:46 -0400

The reason why there is not much interest to use cinnamon in the orchard has to do with the limited availability of cinnamon in North America and the price of cinnamon. In North America, cinnamon is a precious and expensive commodity. We buy cinnamon bark in small quantity
 for a big price, relatively. It is cut in small pieces, or in powder form to be used to spice fruits and meats dishes and cakes !
It is interesting though to contemplate another reality where cinnamon would be available in such quantity that one could consider using it for agricultural purposes.

Hélène, zone3-4, north of Ottawa, in Canada.