nafex - [NAFEX] odd ripening of fruit

  • From: "tanis cuff" <tanistanis@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] odd ripening of fruit
  • Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2007 22:47:25 +0000

All black cherry trees (s.central WI) were packed w/ flowers this spring, but some trees had no fruit-- just the bare fruit stalks ("raceme", "pedicel"?) sans fruit.

Seems like every grapevine, wild and domestic, is loaded w/ grapes.

Autumn olive is already showing color on some bushes. I never noticed this so early.

Apples which hung on the trees thru the July drought, dropped when we got 4" rain in 10 days.

Wild plums are not as loaded as last year, and with that rain at their maturation they are relatively flavorless.