nafex - Re: [NAFEX] nafex Bali vs Evans

  • From: Lucky Pittman <lucky.pittman@murraystate.edu>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] nafex Bali vs Evans
  • Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2007 16:15:33 -0500

At 10:17 AM 8/7/2007, you wrote:
Did somebody already go over the genetics of Bali? Is it avium, cerasus, or a combination of the two?
I've seen it listed as P.cerasifera...so, none of the above; but, I can't recall where I saw that apellation, nor the justification for its application.

Would it be compatible with sweet cherry, avium, as a rootstock?
Everything I've seen written about it indicates that it does not survive/perform as a grafted specimen, regardless of the rootstock(though I suppose on its own seedlings, it might.

Lucky