nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Evans Cherry and Elderberry de-stemming

  • From: "loneroc" <loneroc@mwt.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Evans Cherry and Elderberry de-stemming
  • Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2007 06:33:04 -0500

Richard,

Freeze the whole clusters.  The frozen berries will drop right off the stems when you pull them through your hand--or just put the whole lot in a plastic garbage bag and smoosh the frozen mass--you'll have to pick out the stems from the berries but it beats doing the bunches 1x1.  I got the idea from someone on this list who suggested it several years ago.

Steve H. Lone Rock, WI