nafex - [NAFEX] Plum size - what affects it?

  • From: Lisa Almarode <lisaalmarode@yahoo.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Plum size - what affects it?
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 14:39:17 -0700 (PDT)

Besides thinning fruit, what factors affect fruit size? nutrients,
grass competition... I know these affect tree size, etc., but I was
under the impression that fruit size was mostly genetics.

My Wickson plums are quite small (it sets very heavily, thinned to
1 in 10 but not enough), and friend's Shiro are cherry size; granted
her tree was planted this spring.

Lisa in Ashland Oregon
USDA Z7 - Sunset Z7 - 1800' - 19" annual rainfall

Luggage? GPS? Comic books?