nafex - Re: [NAFEX] cold peaches

  • From: mIEKAL aND <dtv@mwt.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] cold peaches
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 08:58:14 -0500

I've been growing Siberian C seedling peaches for about 6-7 years. No issues with hardiness, fairly productive, seem to be disease resistant tho I have gotten peach leaf curl on a few. The peaches are the size of a plum, greenish tint, freestone—they are by no means Georgia peaches but about half of them can be eaten out of hand, & the rest are on the mealy side but make a wonderful peach wine. I haven't been able to produce a really good juice with them yet but that may have to do with using a steam juicer rather than some sort of cold press system.

~mIEKAL