nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Sour/sweet cherry hybrids

  • From: hans brinkmann <hans-brinkmann@t-online.de>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Sour/sweet cherry hybrids
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 14:53:38 +0200

Hallo Jerry,

we have quite plenty "Bastard Cherries" (Duke-Cherries) at Europe.
We say, Europeans are eating more sauer/less sugar fruits/foods than Americans in the average.
The previous currant discussion is proving this...
Usually Duke Cherries are used only at private gardens, because of less harvest amount.

Some of the best ones for fresh eating are:
- Koröser Weichsel, syn. Pandy (eg. No. 48, 279, Bb.119), Sweet Weichsel) less monilia
- Queen Hortense, syn. Reine Hortense, Glas-Cherry, quite resistant
- Red Mai,
- Erdi Bötermö
- Favorit
- Kantorjanosi
- Karneol, quite resistant
- Kelleriis 16, syn. Morellen-fire
- Ujfehertoi Fürtös, quite resistant
- Schöne aus Chateney

No. 1 and 2 you should try for sure! You will love them.

ciao
hans