nafex - [NAFEX] upside down apple graft

  • From: Lisa Almarode <lisaalmarode@yahoo.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] upside down apple graft
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2007 10:27:33 -0700 (PDT)

Two years ago I grafted an apple scion upside down (summer rambo), a
side veneer graft along with two other grafts on that rootstock. It's
clearly taken! It's looking a little awkward as a side shoot from the
scion grows down and up again...

But the location of this tree-ling isn't good; we're relocating an
access path. So, this is a curiousity but not sure if I really
need summer rambo (or sheepnose), or if something grafted upside down
has real value as a tree? It's not that I'm short on space, just
have rather many 2yo grafted apple trees...

Lisa in Ashland Oregon
USDA Z7 - Sunset Z7 - 1800' - 19" annual rainfall

Need a vacation? Get great deals
to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel.
http://travel.yahoo.com/

  • [NAFEX] upside down apple graft, Lisa Almarode, 06/23/2007