nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Brown Out & Bamboo note

  • From: oowonbs@netscape.net
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Brown Out & Bamboo note
  • Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2007 13:16:41 -0400

My young pears are browning out and dying down and a nearby golden
delicious
is jumping on the bandwagon. It has been going on for three weeks now. At
first I thought it was a result of a three week dry spell we had, but now I
think it's blight/fireblight. Is it too late to spray with streptomycin?
There is no fruit to be concerned about since the freeze this spring got
that.

Can't tell you. I do understand that pruning and burning of the infected
limbs is SOP. I assume you remove 6" - 1 ft extra, and disinfect pruners
each cut... being careful top not spread it with clothes rubbing the tree
as you work, or diseased (?) branches falling onto good ones. I believe
I recall you should attend to it very quickly.

Small bamboo aside:
FWIW, Sunet Western Garden Book used to have
about 4 full pages of bamboo tables regarding species, growth,
spreading vs not, etc.

BillSF9c

  • Re: [NAFEX] Brown Out & Bamboo note, oowonbs, 06/06/2007