nafex - [NAFEX] Bird Decoys for Serviceberry, etc.

  • From: "Jim Fruth" <jfruth@tds.net>
  • To: "NAFEX" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Bird Decoys for Serviceberry, etc.
  • Date: Sat, 26 May 2007 07:26:10 -0500

Along about this time of year i start hanging out my 'decoys.' I bought round beads and berry beads (berry beads resemble raspberries), installed wire to hang them, and hang them in the trees and bushes. The birds go wild over them scattering them all over the yard. Then I just collect them and re-hang them. By the time the fruit turns red, most of the birds seem convinced that red things are not edible. Some birds, like Robins, are easily fooled and some not. Doesn't work 100% but it really helps.

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm
Pequot Lakes, MN 56472
For jams, jellies & syrups:
www.bberryfarm.com
(218)568-8483 [Store]
(218)831-7018 [My Cell]

  • [NAFEX] Bird Decoys for Serviceberry, etc., Jim Fruth, 05/26/2007